Customer Service (877) 735-3637
Customer Assistance
Accessing your account:

To access your personal account information, click on the "Access Your Account" link located in the left hand side of this page.

How to contact Selene Finance LP:

To obtain assistance, simply notify us in any of the following ways:

Telephone assistance is available in many languages. En nuestro Centro de Atención Telefónico, tenemos representantes que hablan español.

To submit a written Notice of Error, Request for Information or Qualified Written Request, send correspondence to:
Selene Finance LP
ATTN: Customer Service Research
P.O. Box 8279
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8279

Are you having trouble making your mortgage payment?

We are here to help! As your loan servicer, Selene Finance LP is committed to doing everything we can to meet the needs of our customers with the solutions, support and information you need to manage your mortgage account.

We recognize that homeownership can be challenging when financial difficulties arise. We are committed to helping you avoid financial hardship if possible. We have flexible options for our customers who are struggling financially and we urge you to contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to make your mortgage payments.

COVID-19 relief due to financial hardship:

If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, we are here to help. Examples of such financial impact are:

  • Loss of income due to COVID-19.
  • Unemployment or under-employment due to COVID-19.
  • Caring for a family member who has been affected by COVID-19.
  • Illness due to COVID-19.

If you need help, you may qualify for relief by simply contacting Selene Finance LP, requesting a forbearance and attesting to a COVID-19 hardship.

How does mortgage forbearance work?
  • A forbearance plan allows borrowers experiencing a temporary hardship to make a reduced mortgage payment or no mortgage payment for a limited period of time while you regain your financial footing.
  • Forbearance doesn’t mean your payments are forgiven or erased. You are still required to repay any missed or reduced payments in the future. We will work with you, subject to applicable law and investor guidelines, to identify loss mitigation options to avoid a lump sum payment.
  • If and when your income is restored, contact us and resume making payments as soon as you can so your future obligation is limited.

During the forbearance period, you will also receive the following benefits:

  • No late charges are imposed.
  • No negative credit reporting during the forbearance period.
  • Foreclosure proceedings will not be initiated and existing foreclosure processes, including sales, are placed on hold.

You may be eligible for a forbearance even if you are already delinquent on your payments. You may also be eligible for a forbearance if you are in an active Chapter 13 bankruptcy payment plan or if you previously received a discharge from personal liability and you have made voluntary mortgage payments following that discharge.

What happens at the end of the forbearance?

At least thirty (30) days prior to the end of your forbearance period, we will contact you to discuss your current circumstances and all resolution options that are available to you. Additional options to assist you in addressing the delinquency after the forbearance period may include:

  • An Additional Forbearance: You may be able to continue the forbearance for an additional period of time.
  • Repayment Plan: A repayment plan is a structured way to make up your missed mortgage loan payments over a certain period of time. These payments would be in addition to your normal monthly payment.
  • Loan Modification: A modification would permanently change the terms of your mortgage to bring your account current. A modification may involve a change in your interest rate, an extension of the time for repayment, a change in the principal balance, or any/all of these options.
  • Deferment: A payment deferral may bring your mortgage current and delays repayment of certain past-due monthly principal and interest payments. You will be responsible for paying the past-due amounts upon the maturity date of the mortgage or earlier upon the sale or transfer of the property, refinance of the mortgage loan, or payoff of the interest-bearing unpaid principal balance.
  • HUD Partial Claim: HUD’s COVID-19 Standalone Partial Claim is a no interest, junior loan secured by your property. No payments are due on the COVID-19 Standalone Partial Claim until the payoff, maturity, or acceleration of the mortgage, including the sale of the property or a refinancing, or the termination of FHA insurance on the mortgage.
  • Extension of the Term of Your Loan: Suspended payments from the forbearance are placed at the end of the loan in the form of additional monthly payments that will extend the current loan term and maturity date.
  • Reinstatement: If you are able, reinstatement is repayment of the entire amount due at once.

Selene Finance LP will work with you to evaluate your financial situation and identify the options available. Prior to the end of the forbearance period, we will contact you to discuss an affordable permanent payment arrangement and/or solution to resolve the delinquency. It is also important for you to keep in touch with us during the forbearance period so that we are aware of any additional changes in your financial condition that might occur.

Additional documentation may be required to evaluate other payment options depending on the investor or agency requirements, the total amount of missed payments, and any prior delinquency.

The CARES Act for federally backed loans:

A federal law, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, offers certain protections to homeowners with federally backed mortgages.

If your loan is a Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, or USDA loan, then it qualifies as a “federally backed” mortgage loan. The easiest way to determine if your loan is a federally backed loan is to call us at (877) 735-3637. You can also find this information by visiting agency websites associated with federally backed loans.

While the CARES Act only applies to federally backed mortgage loans, other mortgage assistance options are available if your mortgage loan isn’t federally backed. Please contact us to discuss your financial hardship.

A borrower with a federally backed mortgage loan experiencing a financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 pandemic may request a forbearance by:

  • Submitting a request to Selene Finance LP; and
  • Affirming that he/she is experiencing a financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic.

There are no additional fees, penalties or interest beyond the amounts normally due added to the account. You do not need to submit additional documentation to qualify other than your claim to have a pandemic-related financial hardship.

If your loan is federally backed and you are struggling financially due to a COVID-19 related hardship, you have the right to request a forbearance period of up to 180 days. You also have the right to request an extension for up to another 180 days. Depending on your loan and specific situation, additional forbearance terms beyond 360 days may also be available. You also have the option to shorten the forbearance period at any time and resume payments if you are able to do so.

If you have a home loan backed by HUD/FHA, USDA, or VA your mortgage servicer is authorized to approve initial COVID hardship forbearance requests until the COVID-19 National Emergency is officially over. If your loan is backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, there is not currently a deadline for requesting an initial COVID hardship forbearance.

When the forbearance period ends, you will be responsible for resolving the payments that were due during the forbearance period. We will work with you, subject to applicable law and investor guidelines, to identify loss mitigation options to avoid a lump sum payment.

Bankruptcy: If you have a federally backed loan, are in an active Chapter 13 payment plan, and are experiencing a material financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic, we recommend that you speak with your bankruptcy attorney. Under the CARES Act you may be able to seek a forbearance and temporarily suspend monthly loan payments, provided that notice of the forbearance is filed with the court and served on the trustee and other parties in interest. At the end of the forbearance period, you may need to seek a modification of your mortgage loan, your Chapter 13 plan, or both. Modifications are subject to court approval and may include an extension of Chapter 13 plan payments for up to seven years after the initial plan payment. If you previously received a discharge from personal liability and are making voluntary mortgage payments, you still may be able to seek a forbearance and temporarily suspend voluntary monthly loan payments, and any such forbearance plan will not revive personal liability under the loan. Please consult with your bankruptcy attorney for advice.

For non-federally backed loans, certain investors are allowing borrowers in bankruptcy to request a forbearance. Please contact us if you would like to know whether you are eligible for a forbearance due to a COVID-19 financial hardship.

Notice to New York City Residents:

Selene Finance LP uses a third-party vendor to assist it with translation services during telephone calls with its customers who are non-English speaking or limited English proficient and provides interpreters for more than 240 languages. If you have a language preference other than English please contact us in writing and indicate your preferred language at Selene Finance LP, P.O. Box 8619, Philadelphia, PA 19101-8619. A translation and description of commonly used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages on New York City’s Department of Consumer Affairs website located here:

You may be eligible for Homeowner Assistance Funds (HAF)

The HAF program was established to mitigate financial hardships associated with the COVID-19 pandemic by providing funds to eligible entities for, among other things, to assist with homeowner mortgage delinquencies, defaults, and foreclosures. If you are a homeowner experiencing financial hardship after January 21, 2020, you may be eligible for assistance with certain expenses related to your mortgage.

States are still developing their programs with the Treasury Department at this time but we encourage you to reach out to your state for additional information. Please visit Homeowner Assistance Fund — NCSHA, which provides an interactive state map, for further information on your state’s HAF program.

Need more information?

Please see the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s “Guide to coronavirus mortgage relief options” available by clicking HERE and watching the video below.


There are many options available to customers experiencing a hardship for reasons unrelated to COVID-19.

Applying for assistance:

First, download and complete the appropriate borrower form and corresponding third party authorization and ACH electronic payments forms below:

If your loan is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac:

All other loans:

Form delivery:


Selene Finance LP
P. O. Box 8619
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8619

Fax: (866) 926-5498

Selene Finance LP will notify you that all information has been received upon receipt, and we will make a decision within 30 days of such notification. Please be advised that until we receive a completed request, we will not necessarily stop or place on hold the loan owner’s remedies under the loan documents, including proceeding with a foreclosure action.

Additional important information:

In order to assist you in expediting the workout process, please have available a list of household expenses, recent income documentation and an explanation of your current financial circumstances when contacting Selene Finance LP.

HUD housing counseling:

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers free referrals to approved housing counseling agencies and their services, please call (800) 569-4287 on weekdays between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM ET (6:00 AM to 2:00 PM PT). You can also get an automated referral to the three HUD-approved housing counseling agencies located closest to you by calling (800) 569-4287.

What to do if you want to forfeit your home:

If you are not interested in retaining ownership of the home, the following options may be available to you as alternatives to foreclosure:

  • Short Sale: A short sale allows you to sell your home for less than the amount owed on the mortgage.
  • Deed-in-lieu: With a deed in lieu of foreclosure, ownership of your home will transfer to the owner of the mortgage account voluntarily, instead of proceeding through the foreclosure process to extinguish the lien. This option is typically only available when clear title to the property exists.

Depending on the mortgage type, investor or government agency approval may be required for you to participate in one of these programs.

Equal Housing Lender. ® 2022 Selene Finance LP, 3501 Olympus Blvd., Suite 500, Dallas, TX 75019. "SELENE" is a trademark of Selene Finance LP. All rights reserved. Some products may not be available in all states. This is not a commitment to lend. Restrictions apply. NMLS #6312. NMLS Consumer Website